Monday, May 25, 2015

Lets talk Flying

Okay... Im sure EVERYONE has seen the recent announcements?  ya know... The ones where we NEVER get flying?

Oh ya do?  Well whats your stance?


Well, I personally HATE it.  Its not lazy, its a love of exploring things.  You really CANT find somethings from above. 



But, I know theres two sides to the story.  So how about we try and see pros and cons.



Pros to NO FLYING:

Forced 'exploring'.  (Atleast that's what Blizz calls it.)

A fair playing field to reaching things.  Think MoP.  Your in Jade Forest and cant fly and a 90 is flappin around gathering mats and rares your after too.  Litterly EVERY time you see it, you also see the same proto-drake dropping down to snag it. 

More time spent playing.  (That goes both ways).  Zones aren't a speed race when your taking the roads!

You'll notice more (supposably) that you cant see above.

If your into dungeon crawls, you can save TONS of gold on flying.  Just level via queues.  After all, if your NEVER going to get to fly why get it on alts?

Archology.  'nough said.  Zone to zone.  And idk about you but my spots are NEVER near a FP and they are OFTEN along mountain ranges, lots of hills, and PLENTY of mobs.  Its a pain to work on honestly.  I mainly get my fragments from the Mine now.





CONS:

More time for Point A to B.  Seriously, 5 minute flight is a hour run if theres a mountain in the way!

Less chances to explore.  Im sorry Blizz, but dodging mobs makes exploring, Arch, mat gathering, and just moving a pain.

Slower movements.  That 150% alone is still faster then 100% blizz... UP THE GROUND SPEED ATLEAST!

Boring to alts.  If you have a main, then you probably got every rare, every achieve, and all the stuff there was.  Now, its alt time.  Its just as slow.  And less exciting.

This stuff ISNT exciting the 5th time around!  I played Beta, I play now.  But Shadowmoon gets dullier EVERY time around!  Hah, hows that for WoW poetry?  Okay, seriously though...  Its SO cool the first time.  But when its slow and dull after a few alts.  The news gone.

WoW player base has made a nice drop over this...  Pretty big drop of you believe comments on the "I will leaves" and assume about 10% of them WILL do it.





Okay..  So that's a FEW of my complains and what I saw as a possible plus.  Do you see anything else wrong?




My Solution:

Allow flying in OLD content.  And by old content I don't mean 6.1 stuff can have flying as soon as 6.2 hits.  I mean were DONE with ALL MoP content.  Let us fly there.  In Timeless, on Giants, in Exodor and silvermoon! 

This gives a middle ground.  Your not COMPLETELY denied flying (as Blizzards employees have stated quite plainly...) but you do have to explore the current stuff at a slower rate rather then rushing.

In fact, that's what people are doing anyway.  We cant fly in Warlords so we go get our old content achieves, toys, pets, ect.


Well that's my piece!  I wonder if Blizz will retort before this actually posts!  They still have Sunday to edit their feelings.  Anyone curious to MORE of the story, I highly suggest checking out WoWHead.  Its where im getting the blue post info and where I checked out the comments for ideas on how no flying was a plus...  That took ALOT of pages.


Elve

No comments:

Post a Comment