Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Barn and its Skinning Purpose!

Okay, its not JUST skinning, its good for tailors and cooking too, but whos counting?




Now this wonderful building is a beloved thing for ALL crafters.  Infact, I have it on 2 L3 barns already. 

So lets start off with WHY its so great.  One:  You got a tailor or Leatherworker?  Well this is your source of skins and 'cloth' (fur) at L1, no killing required, no skinning required.  (and since you no longer get boost from side proffs, a lot of people DID drop them)  Two:  Raiders use it to farm feast.  Who brought the food?  Why the badass with a Barn did!  Three:  Savage Bloods.  ALL crafters need these PLUS they sell so well!  So why transmute or trade spirits?  Just trap them!




L1=Trap non elite mobs for fur or leather.


L2=Trap non elite mobs for meat AKA pre made feast.


L3=Trap elites for Fur, leather, or meat PLUS a chance at Savage Bloods! 


(SIDE NOTE!  Assuming the Fel Bloods haven't hit yet with Tanann Jungle..  I don't know the date on that either or IF you'd have looked at this since it hit... But theres talk these will be made useless via that patch.  I think this is people reading it wrong.  So far I've not seen anything saying that the new crafting material will out right replace the stage 2-4 savage blood upgrades.  Also it hasn't shown a token to upgrade past these stages.  So their use is still debatable for over all game play.  But they can still be used for transmog purposing armor too.  I know some of those weapons look SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! )


Where was I...  Oh yes.


Trapping only has TWO downsides. 

One:  Skinners cant skin for their leather while trapping because the beast disappears leaving nothing dead.  So you gotta go somewhere else for that. 

Two:  Anti Social wanting Savage Blood Elite farming?  Your probably screwed.  Your best choice is to go into Custom groups and find a group farming leather, fur, meat from elites.  You can have a whole raid going for this.  Best part:  EVERYONE gets a trapped beast per trap.  Just be in range.  Easy as pie.



Well, that's my say on this matter... Its a pretty simple thing and it has so few downsides to me...  I cant imagine anyone would get it and find much to be upset about if they need the mounts it gives.


Elve


Updated:


I forgot to mention the PET you get in here!  Pygmy Cow.  To be honest its a tiny cow like dark moon fair.  Remember that one?  Yaa...


Okay, so its a mug that's sitting in your barn.  Its on the top or bottom locations (as far as I know, its only the two.  Its called a [Glass of Warm Milk].

This first one shows the bottom level (where mine was).  You see it above my 'head' and on the two boxes, yes?  Just hop on the table, boom.  Reach able.




This one shows you the cow.  Im also showing you where it spawns up top.  RIGHT in that window behind the hook.  If it spawns there you can relog or leave garrison to force a reset but it doesn't always work.





So sorry I forgot to mention this.  But hey, im only a FEW days late!



SIDE NOTE:  The pics are FROM ally Garrison but the HORDE garrison also has these.  I'd off Screenies for those too but at the moment I don't have any with a barn.  Sorry.  :/  My Hordie is all about the Money to feed her transmog needs! 

When I get a horde character up I promise i'll be updating this to show Horde garrison stuff too!  So don't feel left out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment