Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Mage Artifacts

I know I said it might be awhile but I had the day off and decided to check out the leveling with one of the strongest but most squishy classes there is:  Mages.


So being the slow but deadly kind, I got the Fiery Sword.



I don't wanna spoil anything so imma be brief and avoid screenshots (I might offer those is later months though!).

So the fire one sent me to ICC. 

I personally spent the first half kiting and freezing (Something any PvP or solo content mage is pretty good at).  For me, the fire one at 100 was beyond easy.  I had 690-700 gear on  its the crits that really control your damage so I was in a good place in dps and the mechanics were easy, simple, and light (probably because fire is so heavily long cast).


Fire was the EASIEST artifact I got! 







Next at 102 I decided to get the other two!  Fire was SO easy that it couldn't be too bad right?  HA!


Arcane... I went for bloody arcane.



This little F-er sends you on a look alike quest of what Disc Priest do (Sorry to spoil that but its the EXACT SAME but with one or two different mechanics)

So I went to the Nexus... Everything is easy as can be till I get in.  First couple of mobs are okay.  But after I free the dragon the damage those mobs do seems to go up by 10 so I'm having to skitter around so I can eat between fights.  (I'm not ashamed to say that either.  I was eating between every damn pull.)

So knowing the Mechanics already I blink over the bad, kill, eat, avoid the randomly placed bombs.

Then I get to the "Boss"...  I wanted to diiiieeee.  And I did.  Hitting a clothie like a truck even when I avoided what I could and spell steal abilities (I found my silence to be useless btw, it might be bugged or he could be immune, no text popped).  So I got him down finally and went to kill the next boss.

Dear god, that was hooorrrriiibbblllee.  He likes to blow you away and I cant imagine doing that as Arcane.  I'd be spamming Barrage and maybe explosion (which would of probably been easier then what I really did) but I was fire so I sat that using my fire artifact and fire blast to gain free pyros.  I usually got like 4-5 of these while waiting.  Then when I wasn't in danger he hit me like a truck while I tried to control damage with my shield, heal in my ice block, and get in a few fireballs before I had to run in place.  I'm pretty sure that fight was designed to get all your dps in while moving.  Frost may have a easier time then Arcane.


But after all that hell I was expecting the staff to be the WORSE (like it was on Disc, but i'll go into that another time...).  It was actually lackluster though.

Go into the bubbles, get a pop up to hit, channel, and then blink to the next.  All I did was try to avoid the balls but they died easily so Arcane could just Explosion and stroll over probably...

Then after this cakewalk I just grabbed the staff.  Done...  I suffered like hell to get there and then it was so... EASY.




Right after this (staying Arcane to test the new staff) I went to do the Frost Artifact questline.



This one was almost as easy as Fire...  But it required more attention so i'll call it mid ground.


First off, it was a glorified shopping list for a few quest.

Then a few quick demon kills.  Then a few blinks between spots to place some items...


Finally I sat in a magic circle and defended a crystal.  Between fights I healed and then hit the crystal again to power it which brought on new mobs (Ya, you had time to eat here which was nice-wasn't rushed).

Once that was done I got pulled to the Nether, healed up and killed a demon.

Spell steal his buff, silenced like once, and used slow fall to prevent death (this part took attention since if I did it too soon I couldn't do much and if I did it too late I was dead).


And that was it.  Very easy...







Difficulty Scale 1-10, 1 is easy, 10 is impossible.


1
2
3  Fire  as fire
4  Frost  as arcane
5
6  Solo Leveling
7  PvP with a healer
8  PvP against a death knight with 50 more iLvl points then you plus PvP gear
9  Arcane Artifact as fire...
10  Fel Rever   /  Trying to untangle Christmas lights



I wish that was a joke...  But I'm so serious its scary! 

I did this with no crafted gear, no mythics from HFC, just old fashion quest gear and the wrong specs to keep the artifact that gave a HUGE boost in damage.


But I hope yall find a easier way then I did before then nerf it.  >:3



Happy Hunting!

Elve



Edit:  Frost has a special and fun "Daily" go to Dal wearing it each day to unlock lore and a special buff for a hour by finding new NPCs or memories.  This all leads to a hidden appearance so well worth the effort!



No comments:

Post a Comment