Monday, May 29, 2017

Something New? Preping to hit 500!

As yall may of noticed, I changed the look of the blog abit.  That's because I'm redoing the design.

I'm quickly closing in on 500 (were already over 400!) and to celebrate I want to do a couple things.


1.  Offer a second Mascot.  We currently have Elve the Draenei Shammy.  But we could use a Horde one too. 

So I'm letting yall pick the race.  If you look to the left up top I have a poll.  Cast your vote!

The poll goes till we get to 475 (which I think will be July maybe August!).



2.  Make a custom background.  Oh yes, we all love the splattered background I've used for years but i'd love to do one including the two (or one) mascots.


3.  Offer a free background to followers!  Heh, yes I'm being serious.  I have this lovely follow by email option and i'd like to set it up to send anyone who subs to the site a free wallpaper.  I hope i'll be able to figure out how to do that and have one ready before then but this one really isn't my biggest issue.

4.  Offer the blog in different languages!  There is a nifty translator I can use and i'll be adding it in at some point.

5.  Over hauling the clutter!  The sides feel cluttered...  And while it includes needed info, it'll block the new background so its gotta be cleaned.

6.  Add a SEARCH BAR!  I'm not kidding.  I've added pages to make it easier to find the pet battles and Artifact articles but what about Gara?  Green Fire?  Achievements?  When you post 3+ times a week there is a lot to shift through and I try to use puns and jokes for titles.

So in the spirit of ease, I want to add tags to post and add a search bar. 

You may be asking why I didn't already... But give me a break!  When I first started it was once a month, then weekly..  Post were slower and so sparse that it wasn't a big deal to look through.

But since then I've done a shit ton more and I've offered more specific info.  Its not just a fun little blog of jokes and SELFIE's anymore.

I hope to have this done by 500, but I may be working on this for the next couple months...  Its over 400 post as it is and each one will need atleast 3 tags and i'll have to adapt code most likely.  Takes time!


7.  Do another Art segment!  Know what my popular post are?  The ones with REAL ART!  Well when I feature other peoples art I have to find it, get permission, write a post, let them know what I'm saying, what I'm posting, when, ect ect.  Its a good bit of back and forth making it more time consuming then a 10 page article on the reason starting at L1 is so important...  So I haven't been doing them as much.

But if your a artist and you wanna share your art then please feel free to comment, email, ect ect.  Tell me what you want to share and links to you and i'll post it with full credit!  I want to help you get exposure and if you save me some leg work i'll get to do it!  I'll feature you in a couple post if you have enough to share. 


8.  Did you know the first blog was started July, 28, 2012?  That means I've been posting for 5 years this July!  I moved to blogger in Feb 2015.  Think we should do something for the 5 years of this?  Or should we celebrate it in Feb... Hmm...



All that being said, yall have rocked.  The continued support, watching my numbers grow with each post has been amazing.  And all of it is thanks to you the reader!  You listen to my rambles and keep coming back and you mean the world to me!  I hope to keep interacting with you for years to come as we grow more!


Elve

No comments:

Post a Comment