Saturday, April 8, 2017

A Pet Instance? Why Yes! On to Wailing Caverns!!

So this is a very cool concept, but not as new since we had similar on Timeless Isle (But a VERY unfair and painful challenge if you lacked rare or maxed pets... In Multiples.)

Needless to say, this has TONS of features that are awesome. 

First, we can heal.  So you don't have to have copies to have a chance or restart EVERYTHING because of one crit.

Second, these are mostly whites with a couple better.  Naturally the Big Bad is Legendary but since you can heal you can fail and experiment!

So let the show begin!


Naturally it starts in the Eye Socket of the Wailing Caverns!  Grab quest and get your scenario started.


It starts simple, three pets on three (all 25 whites)-great time for EXP gaining! 

My experience was these were all Beast, flyers, and Aquas.  So A good Mech and Moth with a 20+ carry works great for all of these, but if you wanted lower, you'd probably have to watch the pets more closely (And who wants to do that when you can bump 2 1s every day at Ashlei? )

So clear through to your first boss!

(Forgive the crappy Screenies, they disappear after defeating and I wanted to show that it was possible to beat them with the group I used)


Then Son of Skom (Skom was a boss).  Epic quality with two followers.

I chose two heavy hitting Mechs and a 20+ mech level.

The Defenders are great hard hitters, as you can tell, my second one survived enough to pretty much down the Raptor follower but the AoE attack hurt a good bit to my backline!

He hits Mechs harder but Mech attacks kill him faster (avoid multi attacks, he shields!).


There are TONS on none Mech pets with Mech attacks (Such as the Anubisath idol, Crusher, and Mech Axebeak (No really, its a flyer!) )  The list goes on a bit but you get the point?

__________________________________________________________________


Now you've beat up the Son, time to move on!


Next were killing the druid companions!  Snakes of course..  You've got three till next boss!

One Green and Two whites, each 25.  Still easy exp.

I'd like to point out, im getting 1500 EXP on 24s each fight here, so a carry pet will level nicely!

These snakes are of course beast and have beast, flyer, or aquas following.  The flyers seem to be a popular choice so I used a Mech and my Nexus Whelp with a 20+ carry as back up damage (wasn't really needed but better safe).



Whats next?  Why a Snakey boss!!  Serpentis's pet Hiss!  A 25 Epic.


Again, I used two Strong Mechs and a 20+ leveling pet like so.



This one doesn't have a shield or a AoE but he hits pretty hard so i'd use the Mechs for that fail safe.  Hard hitting rocks but as you can tell, I wanted to enjoy my turrent since I was pushing off healing my pets with the last boss coming up!


Overall, it was a super easy boss so just try not to stress the crits.


__________________________________________________________


Now its Stage 5 of the "instances," yaay!

Kill two Ectoplasms, ew...  So oozes gotta go.




These are 25 Magic blues, so a bit harder but still a carry group when the followers are whites.  Time for the OP dragons!  Side note, these are marked as "Elite" so its a 50% damage loss.  My Ony had no issue tearing through though, so my second didnt see much.  Tail Sweep, ftw!


____________________________________________


Stage 6, confront a shadowy figure?  Hmm...


I wont spoil it, but its a bit of RP.  Silly RP.


____________________________________________________


FINALLY!


Time to kill the "Boss"


Its a growing spore of fun!  No really, its a Legendary 25!  This might hurt.






Third didnt matter, but A strider can handle first two if you heal like crazy and my frog was BARELY making it. 

I was starting with pump and then using the boost it gave by spamming one and keeping my heal on CD.  When it got to about 400 I finally used pump. 


When my strider went down I used my froggie and started with a Heal, Frog Kiss, and so on.  My heal and Frog kiss stayed on CD with the heal taking preference due to the super low health that's to that AoE! 

Legendary's take 50% less damage, have hard attacks and high health.  Giving them a AoE they can use EVERY round is almost criminal!


But I got it down on the second try (As you can tell, I said screw leveling on this one, my third pet was dying in the backline).  A AoE heal could remedy this, but the AoE hits so hard, I don't know if it would be high enough to offset that pain.  But if you try, i'd love to hear about it.



Now Assuming you beat that pain in the Rump, you just leave group and turn in!



Gratz on your 25 pet stone if its your first time.


But wait!  There's replay value here.  This is now a daily that offers a bag containing items like bandages, charms, and a possible pet!  So far there are four choices (you can see them by typing in Damp Pet Supplies).


Good luck and happy Hunting!

Elve

These do AoE like crazy so watch your health.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for step by step instructions. I'm going to suggest your blog to my brother, he's a gamer and would love to read this.

    ReplyDelete