Monday, June 5, 2017

Updates on 500 Prep... Anyone good at coding?

UGH!

I hate coding, its so finicky! Especially app style...

I can build a site from the ground up but getting one embedded feature to work is like pulling teeth...

<X id="forum_embed"
  src="javascript:void(0)"
  scrolling="no"
  frameborder="0"
  width="900"
  height="700">
<X>


<script type="text/javascript">
  document.getElementById('forum_embed').src =
     'https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=forum/wow-anonymous-blog-list'
     + '&showsearch=true&showpopout=true&showtabs=false'
     + '&parenturl=' + encodeURIComponent(window.location.href);
</script>



Replace the two X with iframe and you have the current code I'm fighting with to create and more secure mail list that has less painful steps!

But it just continues to make a blank box.  Its embedding with a empty frame of the size but the script that would allow you subscribe is refusing to budge for me...

So if your wondering about that lovely box to the right... Yah, that's my progress.


Oh well, i'll keep at it.  If any of you have some experience with in coding and maybe see my issue I am all ears. 


Coding is like a puzzle that breaks everytime you fix a issue... At first it wasn't sizing right, then it wasn't appearing at all, then it was just showing code script... On and on...  I've spent a couple hours on it... Break time.  May you have better luck!

Elve


No comments:

Post a Comment