Wednesday, April 13, 2016

To Cookie Cutter or not to?

First off:  Cookie Cutter is coping and following a preset method without adaption. 


Next:  Blizz claims they want to stop this...  AKA this is why our talent trees were turned into a more cookie cutting friendly format? 



Look, im not usually one to complain but Blizz is streamlining and making WoW cookie cutter friendly.

Your "Talents" are completely unbalanced.  You have three per tier and atleast 1 is shit and the other 1 or two are heavily PvP based.  This leaves PvE players with ONE option or the lesser evil of a PvP option.  No Icy-Veins needed to tell me the better talent... 

Luckily at the higher levels your given a real choice you think (Hah, you wish) 

Wanna know why all hunters but BM want Lone Wolf?  Because the other two options are so under powered in comparison or require more focus then most people can spare during a actual raid.  The ammo one looks really cool and like it should be great, damage wise its not.  Its like adding an extra .7% crit chance.  You might deal abit more but your more likely to do the same.




So ya... Were FORCED to cookie cutter 99% of the time or have our dps/healing/survivability suffer!


In the old days with the old tree you had hundreds of builds to pick from and yes some might be better for this or that but they were so easy to personalize towards your style.  Plus we had spells we DIDNT need so our bars were packed full and we had the option to use frost spells as fire spec and fury could throw on a shield and tank!  Ret was even viable at healing!!




Now not all of these changes are bad.  Capping the mana, this was a good thing.  It helped new level capped healers have a chance to perform against the raid decked healers who use to have triple the mana plus stronger spells.  The sad part is the lack of spirit to be had as killed certain classes due to the lack of Mana regene when placed against other classes with more ways to get mana faster. 

But a lack of balance in classes is nothing new, and something that is tweaked (too much tweaking usually) each patch/expac.



But the reason my fur is really ruffled now is the Legion Weaponry. 


At first it was so cool, we'd get legendary style weapons which meant melee heavy dps wouldn't be handicapped right off the bat by a shitty weapon, but casters in turn would also get a awesome stat boost.

Downside?  Each weapon is SPEC ONLY!  This means fire mages cant get the staffs, guardian druids are using a 1her, Fury warriors and Frost DKs NO LONGER GET TO CHOOSE TO BE 1HER or 2HER!!!

Now you see... That's what really ticks my house hold off.  Me?  I hate Titan Grip.  I love the fast blades and multiple hits of Single Minded Fury!  My boyfriend?  He loves his big hits, he loves his Obliterate critting like a mother when he swing a axe bigger then a dwarf.  WHY THE FRICK AM I NOT GETTING A OPTION HERE?!

And since when do druid tanks not get a staff?  I ALWAYS get a 2her on my monk and druid tanks.  The stam/agility boost is just higher then with 2hers and its just how you do it!  But I don't even get a damn choice?!

Hunters...  What is a hunter without a damn pet?!  "Everyone kept taking Lone Wolf so-" blah blah, you know why?  You made it unbalanced to take the other options, especially as survival!  Marks, I can see them without a pet.  Their snipers.  Survival is a grey that can go either way but the option should be there!  Also, the FUCK with the weapons?!  I only use guns IRL!  In a game I wanna use my damn bow!  How DARE YOU force a BM hunter to use a gun!  If anything Survival should get the gun!  Its in their damn name!!  SURVIVE!  ><;  But noooo they get... Polearms...  The polearm idea, its "cool" but so is glaives.  Why aren't we getting those?! 


Why are you FORCING us towards the weapon and play styles?  Why are spells being dumbed down and removed and our choices limited so?  You promise to end cookie cutting but your leaving people no choice.  You killed Fire Specs AoE when you took away blizzard (Don't try me, you know you used it as a fire spec, it was the BEST AoE for a mage!), you are taking the pets out of hunters (seriously, its a ranger now...) and your attaching us to a central hub instead of sending us out (I enjoyed the garrisons myself but I cant blame others for being upset they cant have the option to quest).


At this point WoW has never been more cookie cutter.  Its not even WoW anymore-Its the name name and look but the play styles, options... Those are gone.





In Vanilla, I played ret pally with a shield and 1her.  I was tanking lowbie stuff that way because people went tank/heals at 50-60.

My rogue was needed to disarm traps and open areas in instances.

My mage was no a portal vending machine, it was a CC machine!

You played the role you agreed to play:  because the raid lead wouldn't deal with that shit.

There was no vote, you were nice to lead or you were booted.

You ran to your corpse, you did not expect a rez.

You THANKED healers and tanks because you knew they were hard to come by and wanted them to stay that spec!

You could be the BEST Balance speced healer in the world!

A Fury Warrior/Ench Shammy with a Shield was a off tank for adds.

Warlocks did not waste shards summoning your lazy butt because they had to waste them making cookies and hard to farm those frickers before raids.

It was considered rude to ask for a summon unless you were in a city recruiting for the raid team.

Warriors could use ALL WEAPONS (except wands) and be awesome!

DKs could tank in ANY spec.

A Restro Druid was a better tank then you because Thorns+heals=WIN.



Looking at WoW now you'd think these things I listed were a joke.

Don't get me wrong, change is good.  I can understand why they'd change some things, why they want to dumb down and remove spells to make room for more awesome spells, and even why they don't want a fire spec mage spamming frost bolt...  But the spirit of WoW, the personality a player could put in it is gone.  There was a time that deleteing my level capped character would bring tears to my eyes.  Now its more like "meh..  I'll have a new one in less then 24 hours." 


I hope others are happier about the changes then I am, and I welcome more welcoming news.  But as it is, I just fill a sick feeling.


To all my loyal readers, theres no fear of the blog ending.  Even though I rant and complain and even if Legion goes in my "worse Expac Ever" slot, i'll probably still be going till the bitter end.  Why?  Because I've been playing since they first started and I no longer pay to play (I do love Token) so i'll probably keep going till your sick of me.  ;3


Elve

No comments:

Post a Comment