Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Holy Pally Artifact

To Dal we go, joy!

Now.. Wyrm Temple to speak to a blue who sends us on a scavenger hunt where a ghost gives lore....

Three items and three voids slain and to the giant crack.

Here we find Galford and avenge him with a fight against Jotun.  He gives us the Spark of Tyr and were sent back to Dal.

Now were sent to Tirisfal Glade... You can go to the Dal crater via the port if your Ally.

Oh hey... The camp from so many other questlines... Yay.  Atleast they already cleared it.

Now follow the NPC into the tomb as you would for the priest and many other lines...

Heal your group as they kill.

There is a boss and he will make some big attacks...

Ritual, blah blah... Not done, keep going.

On and on to another boss...He has a AoE and he will instant kill your dps in the fight...

Now you have to escape but first heal and clense the troops!

Then defend him as he does a ritual... This part was reaalllyyy painful...  Mainly because the "tank" was not holding threat so I was getting eaten by adds.

Now you go back to Dal via a waiting birdy.

Before I rate please know I am not new to pally heals... In fact I was healing Wrath as a Holy Pally... ICC, Trials, and a bit of Uld.  I mostly used a Disc priest in Naxx...  But the changes left me feeling that the pally got some massive nerfs... Our AoE was always subpar but we were super powerful tank heals... Now I feel like our heals in general got slice and diced. 

I will admit pally healers i've seen in Hs and LFR havent been great...  But N and up raiding they seemed to do great so maybe the gear has a HUGE impact on Pally healing at the time... If that is the case it could explain for my crappy experience...  I did the tomb as holy and the first part as ret. 
I am 109, mostly 700-750 gear and heirlooms so... Yah... Not the best gear.  This could also be a factor, especially if the gear has a huge impact on the healing.  Ret and Holy both need a good bit of crit and haste so I feel I wasnt getting the bird because of stats.

I give this a 8/10 on difficulty... Again, it could of been my gear/level that made it so painful but for me personally it huuurrrtt.  This was the first time i'd healed as a Pally in Legion but as a very experienced healer that shouldnt of been so painful... The NPCs were losing 50% or more of their health with every hit and I was having to deal with add swarms on me in every fight.  Blizz usually makes tanks with more sense for these things... So this was not fun to me.

If I had better gear or maybe had waited till 110 with that 12 point jump on most of my items then it might of gone down to a 6 or 7... But a healer tanking adds will always make something crappy Blizzard.  There was AoE to contend with, I didnt need constant attacks on myself to give me a challenge...  The damage wasnt bad enough to make Beacon on myself worth it but it was annoying enough to make my spells take longer, pull my attention from the party to myself, and the fact that i was tanking adds... That will never make me happy, I hate to rant on it but a healer should never TANK ADDS!

Elve

No comments:

Post a Comment