Friday, June 10, 2016

Warcraft in the US!

Heh, yap Warcraft Movie just hit the US and your favorite blogger actually ran out to see it!


So I decided i'd take my Friday Post and talk about the movie because its a big deal... we've waited so many years...

Seriously, they were talking movie back in WRATH!  *sheds a tear*  Soo long...


Welp, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that this is pretty damn true to the lore (SHOCKING!).


To those that played the Battle Chest and/or read the books and comics...  You know whats going on better then most.

But ah, the none gamers...  So lost.  Seriously, lets talk fan base alone:  I go to the restroom after the film and theres 10 other women in there discussing the movie "Cool!" I think...  Then they say "So did you get dragged here too?"  Turns out 90% of the women watching the film were "Dragged" in...  It was so shocking to them that I not only wanted to see the movie but that I also played the game and had been for over 10 years...  Let alone that I ran a blog on it (I actually left that part out).

I ended up spending a hour explaining what the hell was happening to Mediev.... 


I felt soo alone...  Where are you my fellow girl gamers?!


Ah, but the film.


Without giving spoilers, this follows the orcs invading Azeroth mainly with little to do with Outlands.  Most of the film is War between orcs and humans and a lot of Stormwind.


As you probably got in the trailer:  Lothar and Gonara are a "thing"  (NOT TRUE TO LORE!  In lore it was Mediev she was shaking up with).  We get to see abit of Varian, his father, and mother-plus his sister (hah, ever hear about that?).  You get the briefest view of draenei (weren't impressive...), dwarves, high elves, and pretty much everything from Eastern Kingdoms.

Fun Fact:  Kamilidor and all its races aren't included because at this point its unknown! 


The movie really did movie at a decent pace.  Lots of lore we know jammed in with a fake dramatic love story (don't worry it was like a foot note.  pointed out but not really expanded!).  There was abit of comedy and humor a Warcraft player will get, and tons of easter eggs including Bounty Posters, Potions in the Bazzar, and a quick Murloc ( YES THEY INCLUDED YOUR FAVORITE MONSTER!).


Overall (as a gamer): 10/10   

I do highly suggest it, and if you haven't read the books/comics they are a great read.


Im sorry I couldn't give more of a review but I don't want to spoil any of it for all of you so I hope you enjoy it and drop a comment when you do giving your own thoughts! 


((Commenters PLEASE NO SPOILERS!  :D  ))


Elve

1 comment:

  1. Sal actually got it for me for Christmas (so sweet, isn't he?).

    Still love the movie and its still just so awesome. If your reading this blog and haven't seen it then idk what kind of gamer you are! Seriously, check it out.

    ReplyDelete