Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Higher Learning Achievement

With all the talk about Dal and the new expac, I figured lets hit a old achievement focused IN Dal.


Rewards?  A pet and a port to a off limits area.


Time?  Expect awhile unless your REALLY lucky.



What do ya do?   Long story short:  You check spawn locations for books and then "read" them.



I borrowed below image from WoWHead (submitted by mesukyi 2008).  Why?  Because it shows you exactly what you need plus screenshots.



 PRO TIP!!!!

There are "Fake" books.  Im not joking, this 4 hour spawn time is shared with fake books that have nothing to do with achieve and WILL NOT DISAPPEAR TILL READ! (Or so im told)  So don't get too excited at a spawn before you scroll over it.




Being as I already have the achieve, I want to share a few tips to share:


I saw hundreds of add ons. Most of the addons did not work. They would reset when I logged off and don't catch a spawn unless another person with that addon clicked it WHILE your on to let you know, you missed it... I really wouldn't waste your time with a addon... If there is a decent one, I never saw it to try. The best I found was the ones that would mark the location on your map similar to NPC scan.

My suggestion, sit in Dal. Leave a alt there (more if ya can at each location to try) and just check between queues or at least twice a day. If you use a alt for this and want the BOOK on your main then make sure you got a quick port to Dal of your own! They only spawn for a few minutes!

If you don't give a damn about anything but the achieve or the pet then just put a alt in Dal and leave them to look out.

Really, its against your instinct but DONT SIT AND FARM! These timers are suppose to be like 4 hours or so. Just poke in and out when ya got time or just sit there when ya feel like reading or watching TV. (check between chapters or during commercials!)


I personally got this by leaving a alt and checking once before work and then again when I was able to play again. Because I didn't care for the book, I just used my mage so if I felt like using her, it was a quick trip back.

You can also ask friends who go to Dal daily to do a quick check.

In the end I didn't sit for hours, I popped in every now and then in free time and checked the spawns I needed, got them all within about a week and a half.



Side Note: Be kind! /Yell and offer the news in general or trade! If your on a mage you might get a nice amount of tips for helping that lazy or hearthstone blocked person who also needs the tome! The tome can be clicked and used multiple times, so spread the love!  You might make someones day!


Happy Hunting, Lore Nuts!


Elve

No comments:

Post a Comment