Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Druid Artifact Guardian



This one starts out like errands... Alot of running and gathering.

Then comes abit of "Tanking" where you just kill a few sets of mobs.  I wont lie, this part I did as Kitty because I was in a queue for Timewalking as a dps.  o.<  It was very easy but my kitty spec is heavy AoE with the 20% heal talent... So try at your own risk.

I found this part quick with three trails...  Dps Kill, Speed Kill, and then Gather and AoE down with a quick Heal pop.  Easy.  I can only imagine its easier in the right spec...

This next part I was actually back in Bear for before going in the Dream...

I didnt kill the first set, I kitty stealthed past them all!  Why?  Because Bear is sllooow kill...  Stealth was faster.

Now im to the point where I had reached the bear.  Just help kill and then protect during the waves... 

There was a LOT of damage for this so im glad I went bear..

If you dont know how to control your CDs before now, you'll know by the end of this fight.

Let me throw this out there:  A Good Bear tank Knows his Cds and uses them.  a Bad Bear tank (90% of the bears you'll find) dont use these Cds and blow rage on Maul...  If you are tanking DPS is not your problem, if you have trouble with rage, get maul off your bar because Rage controls your health bar.

You have a ability that will heal you, one that increases Armor, and one that reduces magical damage...  Use these.  Learn to use these. 

Swipe stacks three times, Moonfire does a NICE amount of damage, mangle should be constantly on CD.  If you do this rage shouldnt be a big deal.

So gather your mobs and pay attention to whats out.  If your under 85% go ahead and use that heal.

If theres melee up the armor, if the giant trees are out pop the magic reduction.

Your goal is to stay alive so you can be the meat shield for the "Group" and not let them die. 

If I sound abit elitist with this, its because soo many people FAIL at Bear tank because they ignore the the basics and treat the Cds are a "Boss only thing" when its a "You have Threat" rotation... 

When I tank I always get healers saying how they usually hate how squishy bear tanks are... When I heal I HATE how easily they get killed and how I cant stop spamming heals to them. 

Bear is a great tank if done right, and im sorry but you'll have to understand the use of the CDs to survive these waves... The Damage incoming is abit staggering and I think this is one of the hardest tanking Artifacts i've had to do.

After you finally think its done you'll have one more fight.. a "Boss" fight where you'll need to face him away and move out of swipes (though you can take that damage).  Then you FINALLY get your artifact!

Scale of 1 to 10?  I'd give this one a 8.  It starts out super easy but it becomes pretty hard towards the end and im starting to see why Bear tanks are so rare this expac.. (No really, i've seen 3 out of 100 queues... More Warr tanks then anything)

Overall, im fond of the Druid Lore.  Its showing a lot of info that was implied during my Val questing but now im getting to see a huge part of what I missed because it happened "before" I got to the zone.  So that is really cool.  But I'll hold those spoilers back and let you see for yourself.

Happy Tanking!

Elve

No comments:

Post a Comment