Friday, May 6, 2016

Achievement Help: Mine Sweep

Wrath Babies and older remember this being the most pain in the ass out of raid achievement.  In fact, it still is a pain!


I even only recently got it.  Know why?  Its a lot of luck!


So I went looking at other sites and found a bunch of ideas.

Many were debunked by other commenters and myself (naturally I tried it all).


Mounts:  Don't go flyers.  Flyers go higher and cant stop mid throw as some suggest meaning it takes LONGER!

Avoid slow falls-Again, slower falls.

Speed increases-These can help get point A to point B.

Patience-Havent you figured out its required?



Well, now that I've shared that.  I'll share my comment that I left on WoWHead.



"   Throwing my two cents in: Luck. All Luck.

I tried most of the easy methods including Flight form, huge mounts, flying mounts... No deal.

After 30 minutes I said f*ck it and decided ran... ON FOOT! I aimed to hit 1 mine at a time and sometimes hit 2. I did not land on a mine every time, I had to run a short distance a few times.

Moral? More mines hit means higher flight and you cant stop that flight with flyers so you end up so high it'll reset. If your having trouble just try hoofing it instead and hit singles over and over. It may take a few minutes but It was so much faster then the mounted ones...

Good luck to everyone whos trying!   "


As you see, I mention that I finally just dropped mounts and ran on foot wanting to hit fewer mines-1 or 2 not a bunch.  I also kept going till I finally got it.  Thirty minutes wasn't bad but far more then what it should require.


All the same, I wish yall luck!

Elve

No comments:

Post a Comment